Friday, April 29, 2005

FRIDAY!!!

oh TGIF. . i'm working now, but i'm just jotting this little thing down, cuz my brain is so tired of terminology!!! i always feel kinda overloaded by the time Fridays roll around.

They put up a great little quote today on the 'inter-office' email:

"There are no short cuts to any place worth going." -- Beverly Sills

Isn't that great? Do you find that the more succinct the quote, the better absorbed by your brain? I do. That's a meaty little truth there, eh? Applies to everything, across the board! I'll resist the temptation to preach here, cuz that's only so valuable, but what i think of when i think of my own 'place worth going'. . is getting to know God better, in daily increments, sometimes even hourly ones! Not cuz i want to have a cushy spot in Heaven, though I can't wait to go there and I want to. . but because I want to know God and know what its like to live with the pursuit of knowing Him and really, honestly loving Him with more than a tiny little shred of my heart - but with the whole thing. And there is no short cut for that, just like there's no short cut for any relationship - you have to put in the time, you have to be there, you have to listen, you have to care and you have to serve. I love that quote! Man, that's one that I would like to remember.

Fridays are great, cuz i get out of my pleasant, green cage and I actually get to go outside!!! the air feels strange on my skin! the troll is out from under the bridge!! can't wait!!! Meantime i listen to doctors describe illness and i look at the barely majestic branches of the black walnut outside my window and i bide my time. . . 2 hours and 10 minutes and counting!!!


2 comments:

supersimbo said...

kat.............have a great weekend

kathryn said...

thanx bud i will! you too!!