Monday, May 30, 2005

bits and pieces

I like to collect phrases and good words! I stockpile these little treasures the way some people stock up on grocery store specials for toothpaste or canned soup. Wherever i go i have something to write with and something to write on!!! I also cut out inspiring articles - things that make me say 'wow' out loud! things that make me want to do similarly cool things. . . I like images -- if i see a print ad in a magazine with an interesting juxtaposition of word and visual image, i have to cut it out! I keep one such cut out on the front of my fridge. . its a picture of a couch with the words GET UP! emblazoned across the cushions. One of the most memorable ones i ever saw was a photo image of a butterfly shackled to an iron block. . .i think at times we've all felt like that! I know I have! I cut out this challenging one a while back. . . a coffee mug with the following wording: #1 Hypocrite woah. . . I cut it out to remind me that i have to be careful. There are so many resources out there. . so many messages that are being put out for us to read and heed. There's an overpass herein town on which the following grattifi message screams at passersby: You are NOT a machine! . . I wonder who wrote that and why? I appreciated the sentiment for sure. I read billboards when I drive or travel. . Rob and I saw one on our way to Ottawa. . . it said this: "The Traditions of Yesterday, the Trends of Tomorrow".. right away i thought of the Salvation Army. . and that thought that was a great thing for that organization to aspire to. Not cutting off its past, but not living in it either. . . banquet for thought. . .

I even save cool fortune cookie sayings, like this one: CHANGE IS THE WATCHWORD OF PROGRESSION. I love that. . . it fires my spirit when i read things like that. these bits and pieces are continually jumping out at me. . and i continue to collect them. . Life is cool. . dig in. don't miss the messages out there. . they're everywhere.




7 comments:

Tracy said...

I started collecting quotes a few years ago. I wonder what I've done with them....

Thanks for the reminder!

Kathryn said...

cool, another word collector!!!

Lindsay said...

You're talking about the overpass on Franklin Boulevard, close to Champlain, right? That's a cool one. I like cutting out those "Then and Now" pictures in the paper, showing how the particular site used to look at certain points in history compared to now! I have one of the Concession St. bridge and one of Blair, right by that hotel. I'm going to buy a scrapbook and put them in there eventually!

Kathryn said...

yep that's the overpass i'm talking about. . those 'then and now' pictures in the paper are sooo interesting! You have such historic-mindedness! you would be a great one to work at the city archives, because you've read up on all the city's history. . you'd also be a great guide at one of those pioneer villages!

Lindsay said...

Yeah, that would be fun, but then I'd have to talk in front of a whole bunch of people and I wouldn't even get paid for it.

Tom Naka said...

I have a hunterdon health and wellness center
site. It pretty much covers hunterdon health and wellness center
related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

Thanks for you visit said...

Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat